Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Review of my not-so-new makeup product-TARA!




Hi guys,

I should have written this post like two months ago, but it just keeps skipping my mind everytime I intend to.



Because my skin tone is a little bit chocolate-dark, I have made a conscious effort to stick to  Iman makeup products for years, I'm talking about 14 years now. Everyone that knows me, know my Iman shade,because if I run out of my Iman luxury pressed powder or the creme-to-powder, Im calling the next person I know who is out of town to help me source for more. Up until it was available in major cosmetic stores in Nigeria.
Unfortunely, these days even the big stores no longer carry the original brand, the Iman luxury pressed powder used to be between N2,500-N3,000 in the early days of Jonathan's administration, it went up to about N4000 or so, now its about N6,000 or more, but the problem isnt really the price, but the quality of what you are buying. And buying anything from overseas with mastercard now, is like going back to engage in World War II.

In march, I went makeup shopping,but prior to that day, I had tried other pressed powders because my darling Iman luxury pressed powder, wasn't doing it for me anymore, which I attributed to buying fake, which looks even better in packaging than the original when you see them, and sells for the same amount. I went into the Shoprite Mall on Adeniran Ogunsanya, and browsed through all the familiar makeup stores in there, I made up my mind to go into Tara, to see if they have any powder that can suit my shade. The girls in that store were a bit busy,but not too pleasant at the same time,I decided to wait a bit to see if anyone will attand to me, 3 minutes later, they requested to know what I wanted and I told them I needed a powder and foundation.

One of the makeup artiste motioned a young guy to attend to me, and I could tell he was new, because he had to consult the other ladies for everything he needed to apply on my face. Unpertubed by what was going on around me, he applied 2 different shades of foundation and powder on each side of my face, and everyone in the store agreed that one fits my skin tone better than the other, plus it felt very light on my face, so I agreed to buy the Tara Powder+foundation with sunscreen and aloe vera (oil-free) in shade TA-46, also I bought the foundation which was applied on my face as the base, called Tara flawless Matte in shade TM 328, I also bought the improved version of Tara Omote 3 in 1 eyeshadow, which  came to a total of N11,000.

My verdict
The Tara Powder + Foundation, is actually good on oily skin, because it is oil free and very matte, but I dont really feel the effect of the foundation which they claim to be in it, although, I'll consider it a good buy but occassionally,I still have to use it with the Tara Flawless Matte foundation to give my face that final glow, I can't remember if I have received compliments with this powder like I use to with the original Iman powder, but I know that I feel fresh each time I apply it on my face.

Another thing is, make sure you wash the makeup off your face at night because the foundation if left overnight causes breakout on your face, this has been my experience on days I dont wash my face before 10pm .

On another not,Tara needs to improve on the Omote eye shadow.Apart from the fact that the packaging has been rebranded from silver to black, the quality of the eyeshadow is too low. I buy it just because of the maroon colour, The light pink and the fushia pink, looks and feels like loose powder when you are applying it, and it really doesnt bring out any colour perse. It stains the eye lashes, your face and your cloth. That eyeshadow needs to be revamped!

Overall, will I buy the powder or the flawless matte foundation again? Oh yes I will, but if there is no improvement on the eyeshadow, I will quit buying it. As you can see from the old one I had in silver, I never touched the light pink and fushia pink for years, but the maroon is empty.

This is what the powder looks like on my face, very light to wear, and blends nicely!Note, no foundation in this picture.
To shop for  Tara Makeup products, visit  here and here.

5 comments:

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors